On the advice of Nancy, currently in Maseno, Western Kenya, at the Jehovah Nissi Mercy Childrens Centre, here are a few items you might consider bringing to each of our hosts.
Items can be purchased cheaply in Nairobi or brought from home and all are relatively small :
- Solar Mobile/cell charger (the whole group could share the cost then donate to your host)
- Simple diaries for the older children
- Big bottle of Advil / Nurofen for common cramps/ headaches (esp for the older girls during periods)
- Spiral notebooks, pens
- Umbrellas - the kind that fold up small - "it rained/poured the other day and the children all just got soaked with only thier sweaters"
- Rubber bands for holding up school socks - "can't find any in market)"
- Simple cloth book bags