AVIF have been promoting solar cooking to all hosts since 2006 and this video is a fantastic way of spreading the word. Asante sana, Catherine & SCI.
To arrange a demonstration of the cookers, please contact us by email.
The advantages of solar cooking are numerous, since they dramatically reduce :
- POVERTY - by educating and empowering communities, creating opportunities for them to earn extra money and even start their own business supplying or baking
- POLLUTION - by introducing more sustainable technologies and clean renewable energies for daily use
- DEFORESTATION - by lessening the need firewood
- DESERTIFICATION / LANDSLIDES - caused by clearing of trees and plants for firewood
- ILLNESSES CAUSED BY INDOOR AIR POLLUTION such as eye and lung diseases - by far more efficient stoves creating NO smoke
- ILLNESSES CAUSED BY CONTAMINATED WATER such as diarrhoea, parasites, cholera - by allowing simple water purification through solar heat
- HIGH FUEL COSTS FOR COOKING - therefore making income available for other foodstuffs or education
- TIME CONSUMING DAILY TASKS such as fetching wood for cooking
Technorati Tags: solar cooking, alternative energy, sustainable development, Kenya, SCI, AVIF