Monday, March 23, 2009

Making connections on Kenyan soil !!

Marie's now upcountry in Kisumu and wrote to update us :

" Greetings from Kisumu!
 
The first time I have made it to an internet cafe!!!
So a short note of whats been happening.......



I spent a wonderful day at Ingrids Education Centre in Nairobi - where they have now 6 little iron classes - I was the first ever visitor there and was so enchanted with these little kids and the magnificent work that is being done. I was able to donate all the teachers text books (they hadnt a curriculum and were using books over 10 years old) so they were very happy! as you could imagine! I shall post photos on Facebook when I get to a cyber cafe again! They will be supplying me with lovely necklaces to try and sell on return - to find a desperately needed water tank.

.....and spent the day at Rabuor yesterday - wow - words dont describe the overwhelming joy to be back after 16 months - the little baby I held in my arms is now walking - ha but scared of my so pale face!!!!! hahahahaha They have already made one class and I think we'll try to complete the other while I'm here. they are fantastic!!! I would like to also provide the desks at least for one class and the doors before I leave - so after a short break they will commence back to their new school!!! Yay - what a magnificent contribution from all of my friends - I must say I was so teary all day! Songs, a meal, lollies and gifts to me - lots of dancing and smiles.........a real show! somehow the community has grown! It was amazing catching up with Tony - and the community really look at him as the shining light of hope - its just beautiful! The tree I planted has grown well! In many ways!!! The chickens I have been donating have been mulitplying well...........like things seem to do here
  ....

Love and smiles
Marie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"



We were also contacted via FaceBook from one of the Board Members of the Rabuor Village Project, based in Seattle, WA. We hope we can all work together as I don't believe they even knew about Tony's group.

The internet is helping to bring us all together but its a slow process.
Only NOW, whilst writing this blog did I find out that my Facebook contacts Bill (William) Lainsbury and Douglas Onkware were also on the Board of the Kenya Aid Appeals, supporting the Ingrid Education Centre. There's a few more connections to make!




No comments: